- 0 Comments
- air conditioner, maintenance, Ontario, tips, Toronto
Your air conditioner requires yearly professional maintenance to ensure that it will perform as it should when it matters most. As the hot summer days and the muggy summer nights begin, a night without air conditioning is unimaginable! You should be able to depend on your air conditioner to keep your home cool and comfortable at all times.
But what happens when it fails and you’re stuck without air conditioning? This would leave your home at its least comfortable– a hot and sticky night with little sleep and a long day ahead of you in the morning.
So what can you do if faced with this situation? We have a few tips to help you in case you face this situation:
- Sleep in crisp cotton or satin sheets. They will help cool you off if you’re ever faced with a night without air conditioning.
- Drink water frequently to keep yourself hydrated and lower your body temperature.
- Try using a rotating fan to get a breeze moving in your bedroom.
- Mist yourself with water to help you cool off to get to sleep.
- Trying to eat cold, hydrating foods for dinner to not force any excess heat into your body.
Remember, the stress and anxiety of a night without air conditioning can be avoided if you schedule regular air conditioner maintenance! A licensed technician will inspect, clean, and make or schedule repairs for your unit so it’s back to working efficiently in no time! And with regular maintenance, your utility bills will stay low and you can avoid the costly, massive repair (or even replacement!) of fixing an air conditioner that has stopped working.
Davenport-Campbell’s professionals are happy to help you with all of your air conditioning maintenance needs! We will gladly clean, maintain and tune up your unit so you won’t have to face a night without air conditioning this summer!